Join Our Team
We are always looking for compassionate people to help in a variety of ways such as:
- Joining our overnight volunteer team and interact with residents in the evening and sleeping in our guest room overnight
- Helping to plan fundraising events
- Mentoring a resident 1 hour per week
- Co-leading a bible study or life skill class
- Helping with administrative tasks in our front office
- Helping with errands and transportation to appointments
- Join our maintenance crew and help with odd jobs as they arise
If you have a desire to support women in crisis and have time and talents to give, please give us a call at 217-378-4045. We would love to meet with you and give you a tour.
Resident Life Assistant - The RLA works under the direction of the Resident Life Coordinator (RLC) to develop and maintain a safe, healthy and supportive community life at Merci's Refuge. The RLA will build supportive relationships with residents while sharing the overnight and/or weekend coverage responsibilities with other team members. The RLA will also help facilitate evening program activities and hold residents accountable to house rules. This is a full-time position if a live-in staff member. It is part-time if not a live-in staff member. You can find the full job description here.
To apply, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org